NewLab 800 Low-temperature Torque
ASTM D1478 – ASTM D4693 – ASTM D4950
ASTM D1478 – Low-temperature Torque of Ball Bearing Grease. This test method covers the determination of the extent to which a grease retards the rotation of a slow-speed ball bearing by measuring starting and running torques at low temperatures, below -20°C (0°F).
ASTM D4693 – Low-temperature Torque of Grease Lubricated Wheel Bearings. This test method determines the extent to which a test grease retards the rotation of a specially-manufactured, spring-loaded, automotive-type wheel bearing assembly when subjected to low temperatures. Torque values, calculated from restraining-force determinations, are a measure of the viscous resistance of the grease. This test method was developed with greases giving torques of less than 35 N·m at 40°C.
ASTM D4950 – Classification and Specification of Automotive Service Greases. This specification covers lubricating greases suitable for the periodic relubrication of chassis systems and wheel bearings of passenger cars, trucks, and other vehicles.
- Steel structure painted with epoxy material
- Test cabin able to grant a working temperature of –75 °C
- Geared motor and Ball-cage rotating at 1 rpm
- Inspection door made in stainless steel with high insulation material
- Internal double cabin made in stainless steel with high diffusion and homogeneity cooling system
- Double stage refrigerating unit without CFC gases located in the bottom part of the structure
- Digital dynamometer
- Set for analysis available in accessories list
- Managed by a touch screen panel pc using LabLink operating software running on Windows basis with following characteristic:
- TFT/LCD 12”
- 40 Gb HD
- 1024 × 768 resolution and 16 M colors
- 2 × USB ports
- Able to store more than 60’000 analysis
- Power cable and user manual
- Power supply available 220 Vac 50/60 Hz or 115 Vac 50/60 Hz to be specified in case of PO
The data are always at your disposal and you can follow the analysis on real time.
Select the analysis parameter and in few moments the analysis will start.
There are five reference calibration; but it is possible to introduce up to 95 additional individual calibration points for a total of 100 calibration points.
The result browser allows the storage of all your analysis that can be reviewed at any moment if needed.
Best raw materials and simplicity in construction, strong points that make it appreciated.
- LAB-214500/4693: mechanical mounting kit for performing analyzes according to ASTM D4693 standard including bearings for running tests
- LAB-214500/1478: mechanical mounting kit for performing analyzes according to ASTM D1478 standard including bearings for running tests
- LAB-102-140/1478: ball bearing ASTM D1478
- LAB-102-140/4693: ASTM D4693 tapered bearings, pack of 2 pieces
- LAB-140-001: PT100 stainless steel
- LAB-102-145: torque sensor
- LAB-102-146: toothed belt
- LAB-102-147: heating elements, pack of 2 pieces
- LAB-102-144: torque wire
- width 70 cm
- depth 65 cm
- height 150 cm
- 240 kg