NewLab 800 Low-temperature Torque
ASTM D1478 – ASTM D4693 – ASTM D4950
ASTM D1478 – Low-temperature Torque of Ball Bearing Grease. This test method covers the determination of the extent to which a grease retards the rotation of a slow-speed ball bearing by measuring starting and running torques at low temperatures, below -20°C (0°F).
ASTM D4693 – Low-temperature Torque of Grease Lubricated Wheel Bearings. This test method determines the extent to which a test grease retards the rotation of a specially-manufactured, spring-loaded, automotive-type wheel bearing assembly when subjected to low temperatures. Torque values, calculated from restraining-force determinations, are a measure of the viscous resistance of the grease. This test method was developed with greases giving torques of less than 35 N·m at 40°C.
ASTM D4950 – Classification and Specification of Automotive Service Greases. This specification covers lubricating greases suitable for the periodic relubrication of chassis systems and wheel bearings of passenger cars, trucks, and other vehicles.
The Newlab 800 is dedicated to be used in laboratory. It is equipped with an built in Panel PC with touch screen and the relevant applications software. As per all the analyser of the NewLab range one of its strong points is the cooling system.
- There is no need of coolant which in most of the cases is a flammable liquid and whose level requires a constant control.
- The chamber is directly cooled and in just 150 minutes it reaches the -75°C starting from an ambient temperature of approx. +20°C. Thanks to this, the instrument can be turned off during the night.
- All systems are equipped with an automatic energy power save system. After 15 minutes from the end of the analysis the cooling system goes in stand-by mode saving costs of electricity.
- They also have in common the safety devices. All, in fact, they are equipped with: pressure controller for 1st and for the 2nd stage motor compressor, thermostat for 2nd stage activation and internal overload devices for the motor compressors.
- The start-up is very easy. Just a power supply plug is required.
The data are always at your disposal and you can follow the analysis on real time.
Select the analysis parameter and in few moments the analysis will start.
There are five reference calibration; but it is possible to introduce up to 95 additional individual calibration points for a total of 100 calibration points.
The result browser allows the storage of all your analysis that can be reviewed at any moment if needed.
The NewLab 800 consists in:
- A metal structure, mounted on 4 wheels, whose panels fixed with screws allow easy access inside the cabinet allowing any routine maintenance and / or cleaning.
- A cooling unit equipped with two CFC free gas motor compressors allowing to reach the -75°C inside the testing chamber.
- A testing chamber, easily accessible thanks to the removable cover placed on the top of the instrument, constructed strictly observing the prescriptions given by the different standard methods of reference.
- A large 12″ touch screen panel PC showing all the analysis parameters.
- Easy to use even for untrained operators.
- User friendly touch screen interface.
- Analysis progress and results stored.
- Results journal accessible also when the analysis is in progress.
- Analysis progress are shown graphically and numerically.
- User friendly diagnostic panel granting access to all input/output control signals.
- Guided probes calibration in 3 easy steps.
- Analysis results automatically saved in Excel©, JPG and PDF compatible format.
- Test cabin suitable for -54°C work temperature.
- Ball-cage rotating at 1 rpm.
- Stainless steel structure.
- Front flap door highly insulated.
- Refrigerating unit located in the bottom part of the structure.
- Dial dynamometer suspended on the top by a clamp.
- Motor stirrer that evens the cabin temperature.
- Geared motor 1 rpm.
- Bearing type “204”.
- Temperature controlled by a digital thermoregulator PID and measured by a probe PT100 connected to a ball-shaft.
Best raw materials and simplicity in construction, strong points that make it appreciated.
Options and Accessories
- Tools kit for ASTM D4693.
- Wrench 10mm.
- Wrench 30mm.
- Allen Key 3.
- Allen Key 5.
- LAB-102-140: bearing type “204”.
- LAB-102-142: dynamometer wire.
- LAB-102-143: grease cup.
- LAB-160-014: digital thermoregultor.
- LAB-140-001: probe PT100.
- width 70 cm
- depth 65 cm
- height 150 cm
- 240 kg